Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Poetry: Journey Back to the Light


Journey Back to the Light

In the beginning the day was bright and warm. By the end of the fifth year the cold, dark storm clouds came. By the eighth year the storm began and was unrelenting like the winds of a hurricane. I forgot the light of the sun. How it felt, how it looked. My heart turned cold. I sought shelter in a cave. The longer the storm lasted the deeper I would retreat into the cave. Eight years later the storm ended but the damage remained. I feared to see the damage so I stayed in the cave for 14 more years. Upon my emergence from the cave I was shocked to see the intensity of the light, startled to feel the warmth of the light. The light is full of life, emotion and happiness. It’s nice to be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Schools