Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spain, the NBA and Easter Sunday

Ok, the last two posts have been depressing......damn.  I want to delete them but that would not be fair?  Put it out there and leave it out there right?  Life is still good and bad at the same time but I am just talking good today!  Besides there are better things to talk about right now.....the NBA playoffs have started, I love the playoffs, and I am going to SPAIN very soon.
As worldly and enlightened as I am supposed to be I have never been across the pond.  I am looking forward to it.  A week in Barcelona on the Mediterranean never hurt nobody.  My Spanish sucks but I will try.  Hopefully, the will give an 'ignorant American' credit for trying!  I hear the sights and the history are great but the food is nothing to write home about?  That will be disappointing.  We will be on the water so the seafood has to be good right?  Maybe I will post some pics.
Today is Easter Sunday!  We were supposed to go to 7 am service but that did not work out.  It seems that only my 5 year old and I are early risers in this family so 9 am service it is.  Problem is 9 am is packed on any given Sunday so on Easter?  It's gonna be like a basketball game in that joint.  Regardless, I am thankful to for the sacrifice that has been made for us.
Easter Sunday also means good food!  We've go ham, greens, yams, sweet potato pie, red velvet cake and banana pudding!  Wow, that seems to be a little heavy on the dessert don't you think?  Oh well it is just one day right?
As for the NBA?  Just loving it right now.  My Lakers looked disinterested (shocking) in the first game against the Hornets and gave away home court but have gained it back by taking a 2-1 lead.  The Bulls are up 3-1 but are in a dogfight against the Pacers who are playing every bit as dirty as the 90's Bad Boy's Detroit Pistons.  The Heat seem to have it together although they may not have the size to finish the deal this year.  Boston, playing a little shaky.  Portland and Dallas is a good series but where is either team going at the end of the day.......HOME.  Same thing for Orlando and Atlanta.  Entertaining but who really cares?  I will have an NBA Playoffs Power Ranking posted soon.

That's All I Got!
I'm Out!
44Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Schools