Saturday, December 20, 2008

Stop Texting in My House!!!!!


What's wrong with the people in my house? What's wrong with people in general. I love modern technology and what it has done for us. But I don't like that people are forgetting how to communicate with each other face to face.

For instance, the people in my house send text messages to each other instead of walking in the next room and saying something. My sister-in-law(SIL from here on), lives with us and is a little whacky (see "Sister in Law" and "I've been holding" out posts).

SIL is kind of a hermit. I see her once every three days as she is walking out to the back yard to have a smoke in 3 degree temperatures. Otherwise, she is at work or in her room. She wants a husband, bad.....not sure how it works these days but I think you actually have to go out of the house and meet people and then you meet your future sucker I mean husband somewhere in the process.

Who knows, maybe one day he will just come knocking on the front door and say, "Hi, I'm looking for a single, smoking, ass flashing (again see previous posts), dog having, hermit-like SIL? Do you have one because if so, I want to marry her!"

Sorry, that is not the point of this post. Here is the point. SIL will lay in the bed and shoot me a text message, while I am in the house. The other day she shot me a text because she could hear me in the kitchen.....she was 10 feet away on the other side of a wall! Get up and talk! Although it would have been a senseless conversation because the text said, "Will you walk me down the aisle when I get married?" Stop laughing, 'cause I'm serious.

SIL will even use her cell to call one of us in the house on the house phone. If she doesn't get you on the house phone she will try you on the cell. So I'm thinking, she will try to communicate in every possible form of communication before she will get off her ass and come talk to one of us.

Then my daughter, 16 years old and just as whacky does the same stuff. I tell her stop sending texts to people in the house. She came in the house the other night and sent me a text saying "I'm home". WHAT? You better bring your tail upstairs so I can put my eyes on you!

I've even gotten sucked into doing it. I don't feel like walking downstairs so I send a text.....this is madness and must stop. Next we will be standing next to each other and we will be sending texts instead of talking.

Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe it is me. Maybe I am so hideous or my breathe is so bad that it is less painful to text me.

My wife got upset with me for sending a text while we were on a date. I thought it was better than having a phone conversation?! Apparently not, she took my phone like I was a little kid or something....I protested by not talking to her. She ruined the date or technology did in some strange way.

That's All I Got!
I'm Out!
44Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Schools