Saturday, January 02, 2016

Since My Last Post

Here we are almost a year later and there have been several shootings of unarmed African-American men.  Yet we cannot seem to agree in this country that the cumulative effect of negative stereotypes in the media, our own fears and biases towards each other and our denials that these things even exist result in the killing of boys and men of color.  Yes, this does happen to Caucasian males but not nearly at the same rate.

I am tired of hearing and seeing people that look like me and my son shot down in the streets.  Even more frustrating is the fact that a substantial portion of our country will not even acknowledge that a problem even exists. 

The latest is Laquan Mcdonald, in my city of Chicago.  Watching the video and reading about the cover up is sickening and very much like Chicago.  While I love the city, it is a very segregated and corrupt place.  I am very interested to see what the Federal Investigation will bring.

I am troubled by the climate in our country right now.  We have gone backwards from a race relations standpoint.  You cannot get media coverage these days without being an extremist.  This is why Donald Trump, who has no business running for POTUS is leading in the Republican polls.  Trump can spout hate for Mexicans, African-Americans, Muslims and women and he only goes up in the polls.  I can only wonder, "where are we going?"  The media has brainwashed the public into thinking you cannot be in the middle when truly being in the middle is the only place you can make progress.  It seems there are those who don't want progress. 

I am saddened as a proud American of where we are going.  I hope we can fix it.  I hope I can be a part of that solution other than writing in an anonymous blog.  

That's All I Got!
I'm Out!
44Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Schools