Monday, September 06, 2010

Trying to be a Blessing

I offered my help to someone.  I wasn't and still am not sure how I will help or be a blessing but I wanted him to know that I am here if I am needed.

He responded by telling me his story.  I was surprised that he was so open to me so quickly.  I am not sure if that is just his way or he felt comfortable with me.  His story was shocking and compelling.  It was amazing that he could be there in front of me bruised but unbroken.  His story made me think of myself.  He like I have walked in hell.  As a matter of fact he is still there (I may be too) trying to make his way through the fire.  In some ways I feel helpless to assist him but I know my presence in his life is at least a glass of ice water in hell.   

I had to stop and cry after we talked.  My heart ached (still does) for him.  My hands shook as much as my voice as I told my wife his story.  His predicament was overwhelming to my senses and my thoughts about what the human psyche can take.  I know they say "God does not give you more than you can handle" but some cases seem extreme.

All I can do is show him what it means to be a man but somehow it does not seem to be enough.  How can I show him that there is some fairness in the world even though the hand he has been dealt tells him just the opposite.  But even giving all I have would not be enough to give him back what 'could have been.'  I say what could have been because in his story it was obvious that he wasn't going to have a fair opportunity in life no matter what.  

I hope that my life experience will help him.

That's All I Got!!
I'm Out!
44Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Schools