Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's On Us

Why is it that we as Black Men are having such a difficult time taking care of our own business? If seems more and more we don't take responsibility for anything. Especially the young men that are coming behind us.

68% of our children are born out of wedlock. If we could change that fact alone we could change the outlook of all of our communities. At one time I thought that it was just a lack of education about sex that led to this problem but it is not. There is a mentality among some of us that indicates that you are somehow more of a man if you produce kids no matter what the situation. So even if you can't or won't take care of the child you produce one anyway. Yes some sisters contribute to this but I am talking strictly about the men right now.
We need to collectively say "we take responsibility for ourselves our families and our communities."

If we could just do that we wouldn't be talking about how 32 kids in Chicago Public Schools were killed during this school year alone. Yes, I know there is racism, bigotry and institutionalized racism. Those things are all excuses when it comes to taking responsibility for ourselves. Where is our pride. It seems we don't care about anything especially ourselves. That is why we can kill each other so easily.

So If you are reading this ask yourself, "What have I done lately to help my community?" Then ask yourself, "What have I done lately to hurt my community?"

Remember, sometimes not doing anything is just as wrong as the crime that is being committed.

That's all I got"
I'm Out!
44Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Online Schools